Copyright

© 2016 to present by the Author2Author Blog Chat. All rights reserved.

No part of this site may be reproduced, or taken for personal use by any means without the Authors permission.

The workings on this site belong to the Authors and/or the Author 2 Author BC only, unless specified clearly.

Saturday, 23 May 2015

samantha fontain





Hi Samantha can you tell us your latest news?

Well I am helping organise Claddagh Author Event Dublin 2016. There are three of us Krissy V, Summer Clark from Summer's Book Blog and myself that are putting everything together.

Are the stories old or new?

My stories are all new

When and why did you begin writing?

I have always written but I started my journey in January 2013 officially. I used to write short stories, that I never used to let anyone read, with the exception of my Dad. When he was passing away, he made me make a promise to do something with my writing, and here I am.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?

LOL only when I published my first book and it sold.

What inspired you to write your first book?

My life if I was to be honest. I have had a wonderfully varied life, where I have experienced things both good and bad. I used lots of 'my own' personal experiences in my writing for story lines etc.

Do you have a specific writing style?

Erm... lol... I don't know, I have been told my writing style is quite unique, but I tell a good story.

Who was the easiest character to write for and why and hardest and why?

Oooohh Good question. Easiest for me is Rubin Miller from my Dragonflies Trilogy and I suppose Duncan Peters too. Hardest?? Hmmm I don't know. None of my characters are hard to write for me, what I find hard to write is the ends, its the letting go I find hardest.

How did you come up with the title?

My How to Catch Butterflies was because of something I say to my Sorrella. The Dragonflies Series and their titles just seemed right when I first said the names. Same with my 'Wee Bookie Of Nookie' Series, although the titles for these are very 'tongue in cheek' as they are Rubin Millers humour.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Yes, Loyalty, friendship, love are the big under-currents to my books. I, as a friend, love hard and my loyalty is unquestionable. Because I don't have a large family (bar my hub & kids) my friends are family to me.

How much of the book is realistic? Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

I do use lots of my own personal experiences in my stories, if you know me personally you will know what is real. And yes I do draw on my friends experiences too.

What books have most influenced your life most?

I don't read fiction really, with the exception of anything by Clive Cussler. However, I did read the Lady Of Hay by Barbara Erskin and that hit me like a bolt of lightening when I was in my early twenties. It really resonated in me and opened my mind to the possibility of reincarnation. My downtime reading, if I get the chance to read is normally a factual book on Titanic. I am a huge Titanic buff, have been since a small child.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

I don't have a writing mentor as such, but my writing hero would be Clive Cussler or Ian Fleming.

What book are you reading now? Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

I'm not sadly, I don't have time to read, as any of my spare time (I'm a mum of two teens and a wife) I use to write..

What are your current projects?

Bar Claddagh Author Event Dublin 2016 I am currently writing my Novella Series Wee Bookie Of Nookie. I have just finished From A to B, which is Rubin's first ménage à trios experience and I have two more titles I will be working on.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

No lol I am more than happy with my Trilogy and how it flowed. I am however working on my first book (HTCB's) as I have just got them back from the publishers and I am re-working/editing and re-sizing for re-realease.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I have always written from a small child. I was the one who liked getting English essay's as homework. I think it has always been with me.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

It's from my smutty Novella Series Wee Bookie of Nookie - and it's called 'A taste of Turkish Delight'

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?

No, only lining up my play list ready to write.

WHAT was your favourite book growing up as a child?

Easy, Enid Blytons The Faraway Tree.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

Clive Cussler has the well deserved title of Grand Master of Action and Adventure. The way he writes is amazing. I love the research he does and how his stories flow. And his characters have real depth as do the stories.

Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?

I tiny bit. I have written about Italy a bit as I love going there. Because I live in the middle of Ireland in the countryside I have to travel to go to book signings.

Who designed the covers?

For my new covers for my Dragonflies Trilogy all credit goes to MG Bookcovers and Designs. For the old covers I found my own pictures as I knew what I wanted. My HTCB's Shelly Pratt did the first and the publishers just re-coloured the second. My Wee Bookie Of Nookie - A dip in the Fontien was by Jade Jez

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

The End, as I don't want them to finish lol.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I have learned so much since putting pen to paper as so to speak in every way possible.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Only be nice, both to your peers and to your readers, especially your readers, they are the ones that will be buying your books. As for your peers, there is enough room on the shelf for everyone.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Yes, sorry for making you cry <3


No comments:

Post a Comment