Copyright

© 2016 to present by the Author2Author Blog Chat. All rights reserved.

No part of this site may be reproduced, or taken for personal use by any means without the Authors permission.

The workings on this site belong to the Authors and/or the Author 2 Author BC only, unless specified clearly.

Thursday, 19 March 2015

Interview with Danni Williams -Surprise

To celebrate author2authorblogchat.blogspot.co.uk second birthday we are joined by the CEO / FOUNDER, the lady that created the blog, Author
 Ellie /Danni Williams.


Tell us a little about yourself?

Well I guess you could say I was a nice person, I thrive to help others in all aspects if I can. I suppose if you asked anyone that knows me they'd tell you I'm the 
clown at the party, a right nutter lol I just love to make people laugh and smile. 
And I hate to see people struggling.
I've been a writer since I could spell, I became a amateur author in Sept 2012 when I published the ebook version of the first installment to my a broken paradise series: Chasing Fears. In 2013 I joined AuthorHouse and published both Chasing Fears and the second installment to my ABP Series: the alliance, that following February.

How did you come up with the idea of author2authorblogchat?

I think I always had the idea of helping others. I offered my services to fellow Authors before A2ABC came to mind. The idea came to me just after I published Chasing Fears, I started re-posting and helping promote other authors posts of their work, I proof read and reviewed; later I did a bit of editing and layout structure.
Then I was offered a spot, co-hosting on my friend Victoria's blog talk radio 'Away with words' which was awesome! I did her show with her sometimes twice a week and I'd line up authors that would come on the show and we'd chat about them and their work. Then the A2ABC was born. I figured I could do all of this and more.

Is there anyone that you would love to interview that you haven't?

Oh god loads of people. I mean I'm a big fan of a lot of genres, I read everything. But if I had to pick it would be Stephen King, he's a big idol in my family.

Who was the first person you interviewed when you set up the blog?

Georgina lol she was my first.

How does it feel to know the blog has over 700 followers and more and it is still flurrishing with more followers every day the numbers grow from something that you set up on your own at first?

I'm really grateful. I couldn't have done it without you guys, you've made all this worth the sweat n tears. I feel over time with all the team members, past n present of the A2ABC, we all contribute that special something that brings in those awesome people out there all together. And that's all I wanted. I wanted to bring all of us together to help each other because at the end of the day we all need help once in a while and we've all been there at least once in our careers, why not spread the love, the knowledge we learn, the experience we gather and enforce a better day for someone else. The publishing world is cruel and sometime unjust.

What do you see happening next for
 the blog?

I hope we can expand further. I want to get the blog chat up and running again, get us back on the air and reaching out further across the world.

What are the differences now to when
 you started up the blog?

Wow, well I started off on my own. Now I have you guys, Georgina, Katie, Keira, I feel we offer more now than I could in the beginning. I think we can commit more now there are more of us, as you know we're planning our own Book Event, which is a first real big step out there, accomplishing that will be a great difference from where we started. But we all come with our own ideas, you alone Lou know that since you're coming up with newer ways to promote and help others everyday. Thank you.

How would you describe your books?

Dystopian. They have a little bit of every genre you can handle really lol I wanted to create it so there was a piece of something for everyone. Sci-fi, fantasy, adventure, contemp romance, coming of age, drama, you name it. It's there like lol

What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?

I venture. I'm working on a few now. Genres such as horror, murder & mystery, crime, drama, court room drama, even a couple of children's books.

Is it hard to come up with new idea's
 or plot's?

Ideas n plots....no. I have no problems with things like that, it's mainly finding the time and the stamina to sit and right these days.

How long does it take you to complete a finished book?

I started my A Broken Paradise Series when I was 13. It was an exam paper lol when I decided to write the first book properly in 2011 (which is book 3 now, I decided to go back further in the story) it probably took my a year and 4 drafts before it was complete.

Who is the easiest character to write for and why? Hardest and why?

Awen was the easiest - she's based on me.

Hardest I'd say Dr Lloyd - he's a very complex man and character. He's view on the world is one of confusion, intrigue, very grim because of where he comes from. He's highly educated and has the added bonus of having certain alluring abilities towards man and woman.
Being a woman I found it's hard to get into the mind of a playboy wondered but one with so much intellect, he's astute and of noble blood. He has such disregard for human emotion, no patience for it yet he himself tends to become dissolute when it comes to Awen. Dr Lloyd is very very good looking, he turns heads anywhere, but he's untouchable and I figured in the end he'd feel superior in many ways but I didn't want him to come off as conceded or arrogant because he's not. It's just a gift he's been given that makes him who he is. Deep down he's in love with Awen, but he's confused to whether he loves her because he can't help it like everyone else, whether he loves her because he actually does, or is it because of his total infatuation with who and what she is and what she represents.

Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv or Movie stars?


Yeah almost all my characters were based on movie stars, musicians and or one or two people I know. Some of my characters take on at least three 
people in general to make one. For instance Alanea and Tess were created by my friend Diane, they are both based on her either by look or personality or both.

Without giving anything away ,what is or are your favorite scenes in your book?

I think I enjoy a lot of it to be honest. All the characters are awesome like lol they all get a chance to tell you their stories and I love to watch and read how they grow throughout the series. It's like watching a child grow up! It amazes me how I created all of it, including the planets, the language, not just the people; I feel like George Lucas sometimes lol like God haha. But as you read you see them grow into bigger strong people. The bonds that are made, the friendships, the relationships, the books spread over 8 years, 8 years of these characters lives! That's big lol and you can't help but be apart of it all.

What's up next for you?

Well as you know I'm just about due to drop lol so I'm concentrating on being a mum at the moment as well as hoping to go back to college in September to finish my honours degree in English lit. I will continue with the A2ABC of course, I'll be offering my services to that as well. I'll probably take on a few projects here and there, keep up with the blog n hopefully set up the blog chat radio so we can do some live broadcasts. And of course the plan and effect of the Cymreag bookathon. I do hope to reestablish a new and improved version of Chasing Fears and The Alliance followed by the long awaited release of book three of my ABP Series: This Way to Paradise.

Do you have any hobbies?

I love to read, write of course, singnig, dancing lol I love movies, music. I love to game, I'm a PC and playstation nut! Lol I love to make things, paper/ wood/ wool/ stitch you name it lol I love to make posters n graphics. Dear God, loads of things I can't even think of right now lol

Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?

My mam writes. I'm actually in the middle of two projects with her now. You'll see soon enough where I get my creativity from lol

When did you start, what was your first published piece?

Sept 2012- a broken paradise series: chasing fears book one. (Ebook)

Do you have any favorite books or authors?

William Shakespeare is my biggest inspiration - I love his work. Macbeth/ mid summers night/ Hamlet Cleopatra and Anthony/ Othello you name it. Stephen king is another one, h.g wells, Tolkien.

Out of all the books and stories you've written which is your favorite?

I think I have a big love for my A broken paradise series. It's my baby like lol
Secondly I'd say the one I'm doing with my mam 'the reapers' and lastly 'Second Chance'.

Do you have a favorite character?

I love Sheriton - A Broken Paradise Series.


What is your favorite genre to write ?

Fantasy and Sci-Fi.

What are your favorite movies?

Star Wars, Star Trek, Avatar, National Lampoons collection, Caddyshack, TLOTR.

How long have you been writing?

Since I was about 5. I used to do poems of 
Disney films lol

Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?

William Shakespeare, HG wells. If I could be anywhere as successful as they are I'd be pleased.

How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your brilliant plots?

Plots not so difficult. More often enough I've dreamed it.

How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?

Oh yeah, I can create a character no problems.

How long does it take you to complete a novel from concept to completion?

Normally I'll write something in full in a month, then I'll edit and read it to death until I'm happy with it.

Have you had any funny experiences at signing events?

Never done one. I will one day though.

What was your favorite book growing up as a child?

My first ever book was given to me at 8 by my Nain (nan), it was William Shakespeare's Macbeth. She read it with me until I could read it for myself. I still have the book.

Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?

Nah, I never get rid of anything I write down. If it doesn't work it will somewhere else. And it had. I've found notes before from years ago, even tapings on my dictaphone and used them in newer projects. I don't get rid of anything, I believe there is a reason I wrote it down, so I'm patent enough to see what happens with it in the future.

Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers?

I went through a phase of writing 'chocking' instead of 'choking', 'all though' instead of 'although', and 'there for' instead of 'therefore' once lol. My sister was proof reading and I made the mistake almost 10 times in the first book. And 17 times in the second lol

Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?

My ABP Series, it's just one epic franchise that should totally be recognized.

What is your favorite band or artist?

I don't really have one to be honest, I love loads of music. I do though listen to a lot of m83 and explosions in the sky.

What was it like to publish your first book?

Exciting but at the same time frightening. Ya know once it's out there it's out there like, and it better be good lol because it defines you for the rest of your professional career if you allow it too.

What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

Don't sweat about the small things, don't fear the negative people in the world, learn from bad reviews. Self publish if you can't get a real publishing house, don't fall in the money trap of certain houses who'll milk you for money before they begin to publish you. And most of all help others, whether that be through your writing or your experiences.

Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?

Yeah all the time. I just get out my phone, iPad or I leg it to the nearest pen no paper lol

How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?

I get it often. I think the only way to deal with it is by distressing and positivity. Don't force yourself because it won't come. Just chillax and let it flow. I find music is a massive help, I can paint such a picture when listening to music.

Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?

Nah I can do it if I have too. Although the subject has to be something I know about or at least a little.

Who or what was the inspiration behind your books?

My son. My Alex. I started writing in hope to one day be able to give him the life he deserved. I knew I was never or might never be a success, but I figured at least I tried. I will finish my ABP Series, and I'll do it for him, just like I set out. And because he's no longer with us, I will use whatever I get from it to build something beautiful, something I know he'd be proud of, which I called 'The Alexander Rise Project'.





 


SURPRISE !! 

Danni you didn't know about this
but here are a few messages for you.



 
Katie

Georgia


Keira


Louise


FROM ALL YOUR BLOG FAMILY, HAPPY 2ND BLOG BIRTHDAY, DANNI



No comments:

Post a Comment