Copyright

© 2016 to present by the Author2Author Blog Chat. All rights reserved.

No part of this site may be reproduced, or taken for personal use by any means without the Authors permission.

The workings on this site belong to the Authors and/or the Author 2 Author BC only, unless specified clearly.

Thursday, 6 November 2014

kim OSBRON

Author Interview 
with 
K.E OSBRON 
Please welcome the brilliant and talented author, Kim Osborn.

Hi Kim, tell us a little about yourself
I was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia. Having worked in the optical industry for some time, I decided it was time to leave the optical world behind and start on something new. With a background in graphic design and a flair for all things creative, I tried her hand at writing. I hid the fact that I was writing from my family, as I believed my first story was simply something she had to get on paper first and then judge if it was good enough for others to read. It wasn’t until my mother found a printed version of the manuscript that my secret came out. I am a writer, and I love it. Writing gives my life purpose. It makes me feel, laugh, cry, and get completely enveloped with the characters and their story lines. I feel at home when writing.

How would you describe your books?
Romance based with an edge to them, maybe an emotional rollercoaster, a little bit of suspense and a little bit of humour mixed in there as well. 

 What genre is your work mainly, do you stay in the same vein or are you hoping to (if not already) to explore new ventures?
I currently write only Contemporary Romance, but I do have a paranormal / sci-fi idea that I would love to get down one day. 

Can you share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?
Jeni – The Trust Me? Trilogy. ‘And maybe, just maybe, Aiden is my exception.’

Who designed your covers?
I did, with my background in graphic design I thought I may as well do my own covers, that way I get exactly what I want 

What are you currently reading?
I am currently in the process of writing a new series, so when I write I don’t tend to read anything, as I don’t like having multiple characters in my head. 

What inspired you to write and how long have you been writing for?
I sat down and started writing after a very vivid dream, that was on October 5th 2012, and I haven’t stopped writing since. 

Who was the easiest to write for and why and hardest?
The easiest to write would be Jeni Taylor from The Trust Me? Trilogy, she is a lot like me and I put a lot of my own personal experiences into her. The hardest is probably Colter Slade from my next release Off Your Rocker? He is rock royalty and the complete opposite to any male I have known. He’s so dominant and completely alpha that I had a hard time working him out, but I think people will love him even with his flaws.

Without giving anything away, what is your favourite scene in your book(s)?
In The Trust Me? Trilogy it would be Aiden and Jeni’s first date, it’s romantic but also quite comical.
In Just Friends? I think it’s when Will proposes to Kat in the bath tub.

In Off Your Rocker? I think the first scene on the bands private jet with Colt and Lia, is quite… hot ;)


How much  of the book is realistic and are any based on someone you know or events in your own life?
The Trust Me? Trilogy has a lot of my own life in it, the main theme of the series is trust and that is a big issue with me. Some of the ways Jeni’s ex Jason treater her are from my own experiences with bad exes as well. But my other books – Just friends? And Off Your Rocker? Are complete fiction.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing your lead characters from any off your books in a movie?
For The Trust Me? Trilogy it would Be Henry Cavill for Aiden and Jennifer Lawrence for Jeni.
For Just Friends? It would be Ian Somerhalder for Will and Tamin Sursok for Kat.
Off Your Rocker? It would be A guy called Daniel Conn (He’s a rugby player not an actor) and Sophia Bush for the female.

When did you decide to become a writer?
I’m not sure there is a solid answer for this question. I started writing after a dream I had and I never thought at that point in time I would finish the book let alone continue it to make a four book series and then keep going after that. Once I started writing I just never stopped. I think the moment I thought that I wanted to keep doing this was when I hit publish on Trust ME? By debut novel.


When your not writing how do you releax?
Normally by watching TV or going to the shops.

What is your favourite movie?
Oh tough one – there’s so many. But I think my all-time favourite would be The Labyrinth.

 Is there one subject you would never write about as a author and what is it?
I write a lot of sex scenes in my books, it fits the characters and adds to the story, but I always seem to cringe at any kind of anal play in other books so I’m pretty sure I would never write about that in my stories. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, it’s just not my cup of tea.

Do you work out a outline or plot or do you prefer to see where an idea takes you?
Yes, I get the idea from a dream (All my books are from dreams I have) and then I sit and write about 60 or so plot points and then go from there.

Any tips on what to do and what not to do when it comes to writing and do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
What to do – keep writing! When you feel down and like your writing isn’t going anywhere, just keep going. We all have our down moments as authors, doubts creep in and thinking your books aren’t good enough always happens at some stage, but don’t give up – keep going and you will see how much you love writing and how much it becomes a part of you.
What not to do – don’t stop and edit as you go, leave the editing for a later date, if you’re in the flow and the story is coming to you, don’t stop to fix your typos, that’s what editing and proofing is for. Be in the moment and let your characters speak to you without interruptions.

What is your favourite genre to read and write?

Contemporary Romance

Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
THANK YOU!!! Without the readers my chosen career as a writer wouldn’t be possible, so thank you so much for believing in me xoxo

How long does it take you to complete a book from start to publish and what was your first ever book and how did it feel to get it published?
It depends normally a book will take me about three months to finish, but I have been known to write one in one month as well, depends on my life at the time. My first book was Trust Me? The Trust Me? Trilogy and hitting publish on Amazon was the scariest thing I have ever done, and you would think it gets easier with each book you put out – it doesn’t lol.

 Have you ever trashed a novel or story before finishing it feeling it wasn't going how you planned out?
No, but I have deleted scenes after writing the
 entire book.

Do you have a special time or place that you write?
I tend to write on weekdays, during the day and in my office. I have a nice big window looking outside right next to my computer and on a nice day it’s always refreshing to be able to take in the atmosphere surrounding me.

Do you have any funny quirks or experiences you like to share with your readers?
I am quite a quirky person so I have a few things that I do, the first one most people notice is that all my books end in a question mark eg Trust Me? Just Friends? Off Your Rocker? I did this as a quirk for the Trust Me? Trilogy and then it kind of stuck for the rest of my books, now I continue to do it with all of them and the question is asked somewhere in the book.
On a more personal note, I ALWAYS wear odd socks, it’s a superstition that I’ve had since I was a small child, every time I wear matching socks I have a really bad day –weird I know lol

 Do you ever get ideas at random moments and how do you hang on to them?
I always get my ideas from dreams, so I wake up at 4 in the morning and have to write them down otherwise I forget them by morning.

Can you write on demand and under pressure or do you need time and space  before the creativity starts to flow?
I normally need time and space, I know if I’m feeling a little under the weather I tend to not be able to concentrate.

 Whats the worst job you have done and why?
Hmmm probably working at McDonalds, because it’s hard work for very little pay.

How do you over come writers block?
Normally I will take a break and go and read a book and normally that fixes it.
What is next for you and can you share a little of it?
Coming up on the 7th November is Off Your Rocker? The Rock God Series #1. Here’s the blurb:
This book is for mature audiences 18+ It contains explicit language, drug use and sexual content. When Delia (Lia) Norman meets Rock Royalty Colter (Colt) Slade unexpectedly after her boyfriend of 4 years breaks up with her, sparks fly immediately. Lia's ex always told her she was dull and boring, she was no fun at all, and he was right. Colt tells Lia to do something exciting - be spontaneous. So she moves out of her comfort zone and goes on tour with the most famous rock group in the world 'Slayed'. How will Lia deal with being pushed out of her comfortable life and into a world of chaos, paparazzi, screaming 'evil minion' fans and most of all the idea that maybe there is love just around the corner? Stay tuned because Off ‘Your Rocker?’ will be released on 7th November 2014

***THIS IS BOOK ONE OF A TWO BOOK SERIES***

 



Who is your favourite band or artist?
Bon Jovi for sure.

Which one of your books would you love to see up on the big screen as a movie?
Oh tough one, can I say all of them lol, if I had to pick I would probably say Off Your Rocker?


7TH November 2014


ALL PHOTO'S ARE EITHER FROM PINTEREST OR PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR, NO COPYRIGHT IS INTENDED. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THE PHOTO'S AND WE WILL REMOVE THE PHOTOS. THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment