Copyright

© 2016 to present by the Author2Author Blog Chat. All rights reserved.

No part of this site may be reproduced, or taken for personal use by any means without the Authors permission.

The workings on this site belong to the Authors and/or the Author 2 Author BC only, unless specified clearly.

Friday, 10 October 2014

Penelope Ward interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW
WITH
PENELOPE WARD
 
PLEASE WELCOME THE BRILLIANT AUTHOR BEHIND SO MANY BOOKS AND NOW HER LATEST RELEASE STEPBROTHER DEAREST, PENELOPE WARD.
 
 
 
 
How would you describe your books?
 
 
 
***Angsty, Emotional, Sexual, Heart-wrenching
 
 
What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already) to explore new ventures?
 
 
 ***I write new adult steamy contemporary romances. I intend to stay in the same genre.
 
 
Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters?
 
 
 ***Elec from Stepbrother Dearest: "Nothing says I'm sorry like a dick and a smile."
 
 
Is it hard to come up with new idea's or plot's?
 
 
 ***Yes! In fact, I won't write a story until the plot is developed in my head and until I feel I have an original story.
 
 
How long does it take you to complete a finished book?
 
 
 
 ***About 3 to 6 months.
 
 
 
Who is the easiest character to write for and why? Hardest and why?
 
 
 ***The easiest characters are probably any one of my female ones. Becoming the male characters is more challenging for obvious reasons.
 
 
 
Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv or Movie stars?
 
 
 ***They are completely fictional. The only character loosely based on someone is Callie in Gemini, based on my autistic daughter.
 
 
Without giving anything away ,what is or are your favourite scenes in your book?
 
 
 ***Gemini: The cookout scene toward the end of the book Jake Undone: The scene where Jake kicks Nina out of his bedroom My Skylar: The beach scene Stepbrother Dearest: The nightclub scene (there are two ;-) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
What's up next for you?
 
 
 ***Jake Understood, the sequel and alternate pov book to Jake Undone
 
 
 
Do you have any hobbies?
 
 
 ***Writing is pretty much it these days; no time for anything besides that!
 
 
 
Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes?
 
 
 ***Nope! Just me.
 
 
 
When did you start.What was your first published piece?
 
 
***My first novel is Gemini and I only published it a year and a half ago. I now have four published novels.
 
ALL OF PENELOPES BOOKS ALL AVALIBLE TO BUY ON AMAZON AND OTHER OUTLETS
 
 
Do you have any favourite books or authors?
 
 
 ***AL Jackson, Colleen Hoover, Mia Sheridan, Vi Keeland, Abbi Glines
 
 
 
Out of all the books and stories you've written which is your favourite?
 
 
***My Skylar. It's the biggest emotional roller coaster.
 
 
MY SKYLAR TEASER

Do you have a favourite character?
 
 
 ***A toss up between Jake Green and Elec O'Rourke
 
 
What is your favourite genre to write ?
 
 
***The one I write in…new adult romance.
 
 
 
How long have you been writing?
 
 
 ***Two years
 
 
Who or what has been your biggest literary influence?
 
 
 ***The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy sparked my love of reading and thus my writing.
 
 
 
How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your brilliant plots?
 
 
 
 ***It's not easy, because most have been done before. It takes a lot of daydreaming and fantasizing before I come up with just the right story.
 
 
 
How about characters? Are they easily born and developed?
 
 
 
 ***They tend to develop as I go along, but that is also the big challenge of writing.
 
 
How long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion?
 
 
***About 5 months
 
 
 
Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned?
 
 
 
***Thankfully, no!
 
 
 
Which one of your books would you like to see made into a movie?
 
 
 ***I think My Skylar would make the best movie. It's an epic romance spanning 15 years.
 
 
What is your favourite band or artist?
 
 
 ***I really like Coldplay, Michael Buble and the late Amy Winehouse.
 
 
 
What was it like to publish your first book?
 
 
 
 ***I had no clue what I was doing or what I was in for. I could have never predicted how many people would read it!
 
 
 
What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?
 
 
 
***Well, even I haven't given up my day job…that is hard to part with for me. It makes finding time to write even more challenging. But my main advice is know your market, know what your readers want and put something down on paper…don't just think about it, write it down. You can always fix it later!
 
 
 
 
Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?
 
 
***A lot in the shower or middle of the night. I text myself a lot!


How do you overcome writers block and do you have a special place you like to write?
 
 
***I write mostly in my dining room on the table. You can overcome writers block by reading or taking a walk.
 
 
 
Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow?
 
 
 ***I have times of the day, like the morning when I am more creative and have more mental energy. I can write under pressure and sometimes that helps push things along.

 
10TH OCTOBER 2014
 
ALL PHOTO'S USED ON THIS BLOG WERE FOUND ON PINTEREST AND MOST BELONG TO THE AUTHOR, THIS BLOG DO NOT OWN THE PHOTOS USED ON THIS BLOG. NO COPYRIGHT IS INTENDED, IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES PLEASE LET US KNOW AND THEY WILL BE REMOVED. THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment