Copyright

© 2016 to present by the Author2Author Blog Chat. All rights reserved.

No part of this site may be reproduced, or taken for personal use by any means without the Authors permission.

The workings on this site belong to the Authors and/or the Author 2 Author BC only, unless specified clearly.

Saturday, 9 August 2014

Author Stephanie Smith by Louise


        Author Interview         
 With  
STEPHANIE SMITH 

Please give a warm welcome to the bubbly, beautiful, cheerful ,
energetic and passionate  Stephanie. 


1,Hi stephanie,Tell us a little about yourself? 

My name is Stephanie Smith (YES it’s my real name) and I’m nearly 30 years old (Ahhhhhh, not looking forward to that). I was born and raised in Adelaide, South Australia and have remained here since getting married in February 2007. I have two beautiful girls, Olivia (4 Yrs) and Sophie (2 yrs), and a wonderful hardworking husband. I studied child care after high school and worked in the industry for 7+ years before having my girls. I have been a work at home mum for the last 4 years doing book keeping for my husband’s diesel mechanic business.

2,How would you discribe your books? 

I would describe them as light hearted romance. Even though in Wherever You Will Go, Brooke’s husband dies I didn’t want the story to be page and page of sadness and sobbing. I wanted a feel good love story still to include, humour, love and a little steam.

3, What genre is your work mainly? Do you tend to stay in the same vein or are you hoping ( if not already ) to explore new ventures? 

My first series is a contemporary romance as most of my WIP’s are. I do have a couple YA/NA in the works though which I’m really excited about.

4, Share with us a quote from one of your favourite characters? 

“If you want to have fun, feel someone’s hands on you, you come to me.” I tell her forcefully. My voice low and controlled. I don’t want there to be any misunderstanding.

“You need to feel something, need to work something out, you come to me. All your needs are mine to meet.” – Saxon Reed, Wherever You Will Go

5, Is it hard to come up with new idea's and / or plot's? 

I haven’t struggled so far. I more have the problem of too many ideas, not enough time to write them all. hehe

6, How long does it take you to complete a finished book? 

I can usually push 10,000 words a week on an average week without adding any extra stress to myself.

7, What inspired you to write your book? 

I wouldn’t say I was inspired so much as I had to get them out of my head! Hehe I had this story going over and over in my head for 18 months before I decided to try and write it. I had to give them their say! hehe

8, Who is the easiest character to write for and Why? Hardest and why? 

I think girls in general are easier as I know what they are thinking. Boys are fun to write but I really want my men to be genuine so I really try to think about real men in my life and how they act, what they say and do etc. Yes Hubby is used as my main muse!! hehe

9, Are your characters based on real people? People you may know on Tv / Movie stars? 

No my characters seem to really hold their own,and while I use real people and experiences as muses I wouldn’t say they are a base.


10, Without giving anything away, what is / are your favourite scenes in your book? 

My favourite up to date was Saxon and Brooke’s first real date at the art gallery and the markets but I have recently written the first scene of Whatever You Do, where Harper is fired from Argo and then finds her boyfriend cheating on her and surprisingly, it’s hilarious!! LOL
11, What's up next for you? 

I am finishing off Book 2 of the Try Again series, Whatever You Do, Harper and Tate’s story.

12, Do you have any hobbies? 

Reading…. Hehe Seriously I LOVE to read and try my hardest to fit it in. I also love movies and music.

13, Is there anyone besides you in your family who writes? 

No, not as yet but my 4 yr old just finished her first story and I think it’s AWESOME!!! You never know…future writer??

14, When did you start? What was your first piece? First published piece? 

I am just publishing my first completed and edited MS, Wherever You Will Go on August 7th. It has received great  feedback so far and I’m so excited to share it!

15, Do you have any favourite books or authors? 

OMG I could not name them all. The classics of course, 50 Shades, Crossfire Series, Thoughtless, Beautiful Disaster, anything Abbi Glines or Colleen Hoover. I LOVE Ella Fox’s Hart Family Series and Terri Anne Browning’s Rocker Series. Like seriously LOVE them, I have read them all over and over and over again!

16, Of all the books and stories you've written which is your favourite? 

I will always have a soft spot for Brooke and Saxon as they are my first but I’m loving Harper and Tate’s story. It’s hilarious and so fun to write.

17, Do you have a favourite character? 

Nooooooooo, I cannot pick one!! They are next after my kids, you can’t choose!! hehe

18, What is your favourite genre to write?

Romance of any kind.

19, What is your favourite genre to read? 

Haha, Romance of any kind.

20, What is your favourite  movies? 

LOL, Romance of any kind!! Classic like Dirty Dancing and Beaches to EVERY Adam Sandler or Vince Vaughn movie! hehe

21, How long have you been writing?

About 6 months.

22, Who or what has been your biggest literary influence? 

I have really tried to base my ethics on personality and the way other authors represent themselves. Ladies like Kristen Proby, Kelly Elliot, Kendall Ryan, Rachel Van Dyken and the list goes on. Now those are classy ladies.

23, How Difficult is it for you to come up with one of your amazing plots? 

I haven’t had too much of a problem. In saying that my plots are relatively basic. I don’t have huge twists or cryptic secrets to try and fit into a story.

24, How about characters? Are they easily born and developed? 

I think this is the hardest part as I really don’t want my characters to sound the same. Have my voice at the back of their minds. I spend a lot on this.

25, Do you find yourself a struggling writer?

Financially or creatively? LOL No I don’t.

26, About how long does it take you to take for you to complete a novel from concept to completion ?

My first book took 6 months. 3 months to write it and 3 months of rewrites and then editing. I think I am getting quicker and quicker but I like having lots of time to fix after. I can’t just send to editor after typing The End. I wish I was that talented but I’m not, maybe one day! hehe

27, Have you ever trashed a novel or story before or after finishing it, feeling it wasn't turning out as you planned? 

No not yet. I would probably push aside and work on something else for a while before I completely trashed something.

28, Do you have a special time or place to write? 

I always work my best late at night with no distractions.

29, Any funny experiences or quirks you'd like to share with your readers? 

I don’t like sweets!! Ahhhh I know right!?! I would rather potato chips than chocolate any day!!

30, Which one of your books would you like to see be made in to a movie? 

Haha I think Whatever You Do, Harper and tate’s story wold be hilarious on the big screen.

31, What is your favourite band / artist / song? 

Boyce Avenue, OMG all my favourite songs rolled into one. I love the Beatles and all old classic stuff.

32, What was it like to publish your first book?

I can’t describe the high I have been riding this week. This is one of the most exciting times in my life and I still haven’t really comprehended what’s happening yet! hehe

33, What advice would you give to others who want to make writing their career?

Rewrite, rewrite, rewrite, edit, edit, edit. You have no deadline and there is no rush. Do not put something out that you are not 100% happy with. You only get one first impression!

34, Do you ever get ideas at random moments, and if so how do you hang on to them?

OMG this is a major problem!! The shower and when I’m vacuuming and mopping!! I seriously grab the phone and type out my notes straight away otherwise I forget them. The worst is when I’m driving. I don’t type and drive! ;)

35, How do you overcome writers block? 

I haven’t had too much as yet but the small amount I have is to just sit and write. Even when I don’t feel like it.

36, Can you write on demand and under pressure, or do you need time and space before the creativity starts to flow? 

Half and half. I have so many ideas flowing around that I feel like I have so much to say when I sit down to write. 
          




No comments:

Post a Comment